Researching, developing, and transitioning advances in separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Safety & Security AnalysisAnalyze system models for gaps in safety and security compliance, and generate documentation to support certification requirements.
- Real-time Operating System SchedulingProvide end-to-end, system-wide schedulabilty analysis, and generate real-time operating system (RTOS) schedules and configuration information
- Embedded System Tradespace AnalysisSupport least-commitment design strategies by continuously evaluating embedded system design alternatives against diverse requirements.
What’s next: Innovative research examining hard problems of national importance.
- Weird MachinesAnticipating vulnerabilities related to computer systems that employ artificial intelligence
- Education InnovationDelivering game-based education to adolescents and young adults
- Automated Behavior AnalysisDetecting vulnerabilities in embedded systems using timed automata (VOLTA)
- Code GenerationAutomating the integration of cyber-resilient components in complex systems
- About Us
Kyle Nelson is responsible for establishing the strategy and securing the resources necessary to grow Adventium’s reputation as a nationally recognized research and development laboratory. Since becoming CEO in 2010, Kyle has streamlined operations and established infrastructure to support future growth, invested in employee development and well-being, and initiated a strategy to accelerate the transfer of Adventium’s technology to practical use. Significant achievements include contract awards on highly competitive AFRL, Army, Navy, DARPA, and DHS programs, including SBIRs, BAAs, and two Phase III SBIR IDIQs.
These efforts have resulted in Adventium’s development of the CAMET® Library of model-based engineering tools, virtualized security technology for the Air Force that led to a 2014 Tibbetts award, and a growing corporate portfolio of over a dozen issued or pending U.S. and international patents.
Under Kyle's leadership, the company implemented a Blue Sky program that provides 40 hours for each employee to engage in research of their choice, a Charity Day that provides a day of paid time off for employees to volunteer with 501(c)3 organizations, and a performance-based 401K match that doubles the company’s match of employee 401K contributions. At the company level, Kyle instituted an annual donation to offset the company’s carbon footprint and invested the company’s reserve in a socially responsible, FDIC-insured, fund focused on local community development, including support for affordable housing, community services, and economic development.
M.S., Computer Science, University of Minnesota B.S., Mathematics, Colorado College Mini-MBA, University of St. Thomas