Researching, developing, and transitioning advances in separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Safety & Security AnalysisAnalyze system models for gaps in safety and security compliance, and generate documentation to support certification requirements.
- Real-time Operating System SchedulingProvide end-to-end, system-wide schedulabilty analysis, and generate real-time operating system (RTOS) schedules and configuration information
- Embedded System Tradespace AnalysisSupport least-commitment design strategies by continuously evaluating embedded system design alternatives against diverse requirements.
- Isolation TechnologyEnable virtual security enclaves within a single physical server
What’s next: Innovative research examining hard problems of national importance.
- Weird MachinesAnticipating vulnerabilities related to computer systems that employ artificial intelligence
- Education InnovationDelivering game-based education to adolescents and young adults
- Automated Behavior AnalysisDetecting vulnerabilities in embedded systems using timed automata (VOLTA)
- Code GenerationAutomating the integration of cyber-resilient components in complex systems
- About Us
Safety & Security Analysis
CyberSecurity Vulnerabilty Detection in Complex Systems
Risk Management Framework Analysis Tool
RMF helps system architects diagnose and minimize cyber security threats over the course of a project, performing analyses that answer these questions:
- Does the architecture isolate information flows with different criticalities?
- Does the architecture place security controls everywhere they are needed?
- Are the controls enforced as intended (non-bypassable and tamper-resistant)?
Security Validation for Multiple Classification Level Mission Systems
Multiple Independent Levels of Security Analysis Tool
MILS helps system architects design and build multi-level secure systems, performing analyses that determine if directly connected components in a model operate at the same security level, and whether components at different security levels are appropriately separated or protected with a security measure (such as a Cross Domain Solution).
Safe and Secure Medical and Industrial IoT Devices
ISOSCELES™ is a reference architecture and set of development tools that helps developers protect their products and networked services (including Industrial Internet of Things systems and medical devices) from current and future cyber security threats.
Systems Engineering Safety and Security Analysis Framework
SESSAF allows system engineers to identify complex safety and security hazard scenarios, particularly in software reliant systems. With it, engineers can perform safety and security risk analysis on AADL models, and are provided guidance in applying risk controls that can mitigate safety threats.
SESSAF supports Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA), a risk analysis technique for identifying scenarios that lead to potential hazards and accidents.