Researching, developing, and transitioning advances in separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Safety & Security AnalysisAnalyze system models for gaps in safety and security compliance, and generate documentation to support certification requirements.
- Real-time Operating System SchedulingProvide end-to-end, system-wide schedulabilty analysis, and generate real-time operating system (RTOS) schedules and configuration information
- Embedded System Tradespace AnalysisSupport least-commitment design strategies by continuously evaluating embedded system design alternatives against diverse requirements.
What’s next: Innovative research examining hard problems of national importance.
- Weird MachinesAnticipating vulnerabilities related to computer systems that employ artificial intelligence
- Education InnovationDelivering game-based education to adolescents and young adults
- Automated Behavior AnalysisDetecting vulnerabilities in embedded systems using timed automata (VOLTA)
- Code GenerationAutomating the integration of cyber-resilient components in complex systems
- About Us
Real-time Operating System Scheduling
Timing and Resource Analysis and Schedule Generation for Complex System Development
FASTAR is a suite of tools that evaluate resource loading, generate schedules, and conduct timing analyses. Intended to be applied throughout a project life-cycle, FASTAR supports a series of increasingly detailed analysis methods, starting with a high-level analysis of resource utilizations based on demand and supply, and progressing to detailed schedulability analysis of heterogeneous, layered, distributed architectures.
Schedule Simulation and Generation for Complex Avionics
SPICA is an analysis tool that helps avionics engineers vitually integrate complex application software. SPICA operates on the ARINC 653 specification, analyzing timing and generating partition schedules for safety-critical avionics real-time operating systems. SPICA can either analyze an existing schedule to find potential error conditions or it can generate a new schedule based on user-supplied constraints.
SPICA is part of the FASTAR schedulability toolset.
The MiCART scheduler allows real-time operating systems and their safety critical applications to run in parallel in a partitioned, virtual environment.
MiCART addresses key integration issues -- like high robustness and formal certification -- common with avionics software and other safety critical applications. It does this by providing the strong timing separation guarantees that enable side-by-side, multi-core operation of mixed criticality applications.
MiCart forms the base of other Adventium Labs solutions, including ISOSCELES™.