Job Opening: Systems Engineer/Software Engineer—Model-Based System Engineering
Please Note: This position was formerly titled "Research Engineer/Scientist - Model-based System Engineering Tools." It was updated to the current title on 12/9/2019.
Adventium Labs is looking for one or more experienced software and systems engineers in the area of model-based system engineering (MBSE) tools. The engineer will lead and participate on teams conducting research and development (R&D) projects funded by a variety of customers, including the U.S. Government. The researcher will also be responsible for helping to mature projects from research and development prototypes to user-friendly commercial tools and supporting technology transfer and use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in research teams developing MBSE tools.
- Assist customers in applying the tools and workflows based on those tools to their specific system development efforts.
- Prototype and mature MBSE tools for transition to Adventium’s Curated Access to Model-based Engineering Tools (CAMET) Library and the broader systems engineering marketplace.
- Identify and work with customers to understand requirements and objectives for new or modified MBSE tools.
- Participate in efforts to secure funding for research and development projects, including presenting to customers and participating in proposal development efforts.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent U.S. Resident status (i.e., green card holder), due to federal contracting regulations.
- Experience in the development and application of MBSE tools as evidenced by work experience, publication record, involvement in national and international standards efforts, or other experience instituting MBSE tools and practices.
- System development expertise including experience with model-based development efforts and systems engineering workflows involving distributed and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Object oriented software development experience (e.g., Java, C#, C++, Python).
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree in software or computer engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Preferred skills and qualifications include experience with:
- MBSE standards, e.g., Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL), System Modeling Language (SysML), Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE), and others.
- Software engineering processes and development environments, e.g., git, svn, gitlab, JUnit, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Writing plugins for modeling environments such as Eclipse, MagicDraw, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- User interface design and development.
- Engineering methodologies such as Architecture Centric Virtual Integration Process (ACVIP), Systems Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS), Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA), and airworthiness and cybersecurity certification processes.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required to support programs, customers, and attend conferences.
Location: Minneapolis, MN. Relocation may be offered. Telecommuting arrangements may be considered.
How to Apply: Please go to www.adventiumlabs.com/application to download the application form. Email your resume and application to email@example.com with the words “Job Inquiry” in the subject line and a brief summary of your qualifications for the position in the body of the email.
About Adventium Labs: Adventium Labs (www.adventiumlabs.com) develops solutions for safe and secure software-intensive complex systems, by advancing separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis technologies. Adventium straddles the line between academic research and commercial software, helping ideas make the leap from prototype to reality. If you are interested in robotics, artificial intelligence, or avionics and want a relaxed environment and flexible work schedule you'll feel right at home.
Adventium is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, sexual orientation, local human rights commission activity, or veteran status. Please click here to see the EEO is the Law notice (supplement available here), here to see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, and here to see the Employee Polygraph Protection Act notice.
Adventium is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.