Job Opening Research Intern
Adventium Labs is looking for research interns with experience in software development, data modeling, and mathematical analysis. The intern will work with a research team developing and applying software for model-based system engineering (MBSE) analysis tools for a range of applications. We are seeking proactive, self-motivated, team players with an inquisitive, positive attitude and strong analytical, communication, and problem solving skills. This is a paid Summer internship running from June-August. Dates are flexible with the potential to continue at a lower level during the school year. The weekly hours are flexible up to full time (40 hrs/week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in small research teams working to solve challenging problems.
- Develop advanced software applications under the leadership of researchers.
- Independently perform assignments with guidance from the project lead as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent U.S. Resident status (i.e., green card holder), due to federal contracting regulations.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or related field.
- Experience in implementing software programs for non-trivial applications.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Preferred skills and qualifications include any of the below:
- College GPA of at least 3.3 out of 4.0; or if a college freshman, a high school GPA of at least 3.3 out of 4.0. Please include current GPA in resume.
- Eclipse, JAVA, C++, Python or Scala development experience.
- Software engineering methodologies and workflows.
- Mathematical modeling and graph theory.
- Computer science theory, such as state machines or predicate logic.
- Real-time systems design and development.
- System safety and security analysis.
- Modeling languages: AADL, SysML, MagicDraw, Enterprise Architect, OSATE, FACE.
- Automated reasoning, real time scheduling and planning.
- Experience in a research environment.
Location: Minneapolis, MN.
How to Apply: Please visit www.adventiumlabs.com/application and download the application form. Email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Job Inquiry” in the subject line and a brief summary of your qualifications for the position in the body of the email.
About Adventium Labs: Adventium Labs (www.adventiumlabs.com) develops solutions for safe and secure software-reliant complex systems. Our specialties are separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis technologies.
Adventium is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, sexual orientation, local human rights commission activity, or veteran status. Please click here to see the EEO is the Law notice (supplement available here), here to see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, and here to see the Employee Polygraph Protection Act notice.
Adventium is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.