Job Opening Corporate Security and Office Manager
Adventium Labs is looking for an experienced person to lead its corporate security and office management operations as part of its focus on developing solutions for safe and secure software-intensive complex systems. This role includes responsibility as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and for continuing the company’s ongoing Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) implementation efforts. Adventium is a small, collaborative business where you will have a wide variety of job duties. You will be an active participant in Adventium’s collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that includes technical, administrative, and management personnel. This role requires commitment to the highest integrity standards. Depending on the applicant’s background, interests, and career goals, this job could be structured as a full time or part-time job. Benefits start at a 30 hour/week role. Career growth to other management roles is possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the organization’s CMMC strategy and policy development, implementation, and maintenance. Represent the company and take responsibility for preparing for and supporting CMMC audits and addressing deficiencies found. Work with other Adventium staff as required.
- Develop and maintain written security policies and procedures, System Security Plan, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity Plans.
- Serve as the FSO with duties including, but not limited to, managing personnel clearances, visit requests, dd-254 on programs, DSS inspections, secure area and safe management, and the company’s insider threat program.
- Manage inventory of Adventium Labs’ hardware and software by maintaining an asset management database. Lead purchases of hardware and software for Adventium employees and disposition of hardware. Develop and manage an annual equipment budget.
- Monitor and answer doors during the work day. Monitor cameras throughout the work day. Monitor status of physical security system. Coordinate with building security and maintenance as needed.
- Manage day-to-day office needs, e.g., mail handling, supporting remote workers, arrange and manage catering and events for customer visits and employee events, assist with occasional conference/booth planning. Handle postal mailing and FedEx/UPS for project deliverables. Coordinate document shredding.
- Provide requirements guidance and prioritization input to IT staff for triaging, assigning, and managing IT and support tickets submitted related to corporate security needs.
- Conduct new employee orientation and current employee training with respect to corporate security policies and procedures, including handling procedures for classified, controlled unclassified, and other information types.
- Monitor US-Cert, SANS, and other announcements related to active security threats. Coordinate responses with management. Lead security investigations for CUI violations, from start to finish. Initiate, identify, document, and notify the appropriate people in case of a security violation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in a corporate information security environment protecting and managing Federally protected information. This may include HIPAA, CMMC, CDI/CTI/CUI, Classified, or others.
- Ability to hold and maintain an active US DoD secret clearance.
- U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent U.S. Resident status (i.e., green card holder), due to Federal contracting regulations.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Preferred skills and qualifications include experience with:
- Completion of FSO training and experience with the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- Detailed understanding of NIST 800-171 and the role it plays as the basis of the DoD’s CMMC process and experience applying it to a corporate environment.
- Experience providing security leadership and support as part of a small, collaborative business environment.
- Experience in an IT infrastructure with heterogeneous end points, including Windows, MacOS, Linux, and iOS.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required for training purposes.
Location: Minneapolis, MN. Relocation may be offered.
How to Apply: Please visit www.adventiumlabs.com/application and download the application form. Email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Job Inquiry” in the subject line and a brief summary of your qualifications for the position in the body of the email.
About Adventium Labs: Adventium Labs (www.adventiumlabs.com) develops solutions for safe and secure software-reliant complex systems. Our specialties are separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis technologies.
Adventium is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, sexual orientation, local human rights commission activity, or veteran status. Please click here to see the EEO is the Law notice (supplement available here), here to see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, and here to see the Employee Polygraph Protection Act notice.
Adventium is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.