Job Opening: Accounting Manager
Job Overview: Adventium Labs is looking for an Accounting Manager to manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepare financial reports and payroll, and assist in government contract management, and office management. We are seeking an experienced, proactive, self-motivated, team player with an inquisitive, positive attitude and strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills. This position is Full-Time with a weekly hour expectation of 32-40 per week. This is an Exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare accounts payable, track accounts receivable, and manage filing and record keeping.
- Prepare payroll and perform other accounting functions including preparing financial reports as requested by management.
- Support Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Project Leads with financial management of contracts, providing reports and analysis.
- Support CFO with contract management functions including opening and closeout of contracts, property reporting, patent reporting, and deliverable preparation and tracking.
- Support CFO and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting analysis, and monthly tracking.
- Manage administration of JAMIS accounting software system.
- Exercise initiative and sound judgment and react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Support management with ad-hoc projects.
- Prepare Incurred Cost Submission (ICE) Proposal to Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and support any audits or inquiries.
- Prepare documents for external accounting firm in support of annual tax filing and financial audits.
- Supports CFO with preparation of proposals to U.S. Government and other solicitations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 5+ years working in a business environment or equivalent experience (8+ years working in Accounting or a related field).
- Basic accounting or book keeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent U.S. Resident status (i.e., green card holder), due to Federal contracting regulations.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Experience developing and implementing office and business policies and procedures.
- Experience working in office management including office supply, furniture, and equipment ordering, budget management, and monitoring expenses.
- Experience working independently, with little supervision, including assessing company needs and creatively suggesting expansion of roles.
- Experience in managing multiple and varied types of activities.
Preferred skills and qualifications include any of the below:
- Experience working with government contracts and government cost accounting.
- Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS).
- Knowledge of JAMIS Software.
- Experience working in a high-talent technology-centric environment.
- Certified Public Accountant designation.
COVID-19 Precautions: Adventium follows all Federal, state, and local rules and guidance for COVID-19. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Location: Minneapolis, MN.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Adventium offers a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, health savings account (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan (with employer match), paid parking / public-transportation, cell phone and home internet reimbursement, flexible work schedule in a hybrid (office/virtual) format, and paid time off.
How to Apply: Please go to www.adventiumlabs.com/application to download the application form. Email your resume and application to email@example.com with the words “Job Inquiry” in the subject line and a brief summary of your qualifications for the position in the body of the email.
About Adventium Labs: Adventium Labs (www.adventiumlabs.com) develops solutions for safe and secure software-intensive complex systems, by advancing separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis technologies. Adventium straddles the line between academic research and commercial software, helping ideas make the leap from prototype to reality. If you are interested in robotics, artificial intelligence, or avionics and want a relaxed environment and flexible work schedule you'll feel right at home.
Adventium is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, sexual orientation, local human rights commission activity, or veteran status. Please click here to see the EEO is the Law notice (supplement available here), here to see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, and here to see the Employee Polygraph Protection Act notice.
Adventium is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.