Researching, developing, and transitioning advances in separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Safety & Security AnalysisAnalyze system models for gaps in safety and security compliance, and generate documentation to support certification requirements.
- Real-time Operating System SchedulingProvide end-to-end, system-wide schedulabilty analysis, and generate real-time operating system (RTOS) schedules and configuration information
- Embedded System Tradespace AnalysisSupport least-commitment design strategies by continuously evaluating embedded system design alternatives against diverse requirements.
- Isolation TechnologyEnable virtual security enclaves within a single physical server
What’s next: Innovative research examining hard problems of national importance.
- Weird MachinesAnticipating vulnerabilities related to computer systems that employ artificial intelligence
- Education InnovationDelivering game-based education to adolescents and young adults
- Automated Behavior AnalysisDetecting vulnerabilities in embedded systems using timed automata (VOLTA)
- Code GenerationAutomating the integration of cyber-resilient components in complex systems
- About Us
Advanced Learning Algorithms to Improve Security of Embedded Cyber-Physical Systems
Modern, networked, cyber-physical systems pose a special challenge for Cyber Vulnerability Assessment. Communication protocols may be inherently vulnerable, may be implemented in an unsafe manner, or may be vulnerable to timing attacks, in which carefully-timed inputs can be used to disrupt system operations.
Developed under AFRL's NOVA program, Adventium Labs’ VOLTA software automates the process of exploring the behavior of implemented systems, including timed behavior. This automation may save days or weeks of effort by specialized analysts. Because it learns implemented behavior, VOLTA can be applied to legacy systems, even where documentation is not available, or as a design aid to identify vulnerabilities in systems currently being designed or modified.
When completed, VOLTA will join Adventium's other behavior analysis tools on the CAMET® Library, similar to SLICED.