Researching, developing, and transitioning advances in separation architectures, model-based system engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Safety & Security AnalysisAnalyze system models for gaps in safety and security compliance, and generate documentation to support certification requirements.
- Real-time Operating System SchedulingProvide end-to-end, system-wide schedulabilty analysis, and generate real-time operating system (RTOS) schedules and configuration information
- Embedded System Tradespace AnalysisSupport least-commitment design strategies by continuously evaluating embedded system design alternatives against diverse requirements.
- Isolation TechnologyEnable virtual security enclaves within a single physical server
What’s next: Innovative research examining hard problems of national importance.
- Weird MachinesAnticipating vulnerabilities related to computer systems that employ artificial intelligence
- Education InnovationDelivering game-based education to adolescents and young adults
- Automated Behavior AnalysisDetecting vulnerabilities in embedded systems using timed automata (VOLTA)
- Code GenerationAutomating the integration of cyber-resilient components in complex systems
- About Us
FACE™ Technical Standard
Tools, Training, and Reference Materials for the FACE™ Technical Standard
The Architecture and Analysis Design Language (AADL) is an SAE International aerospace standard (AS) system model specification language (AS5506C) that supports various types of performance and safety analysis.
The Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) Technical Standard defines a Reference Architecture intended for the development of portable software components targeted for general purpose, safety, and/or security purposes. The AADL Annex for the FACE Technical Standard Edition 3.0 (AS5506/4) provides guidelines for the integrated use of AADL and FACE Technical Standard data specifications and components.
Source Code and Models for Integrated AADL Analysis Tutorials are available to subscribers of the CAMET® Library
To request a copy of the Basswood development environment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLICED: Behavioral Interface Analysis for FACE Units of Conformance. SLICED allows system engineers to conduct behavioral analysis of models to detect errors in messaging patterns/paradigms, sampling rates, and latency requirements in embedded systems software. It combines timing analysis and Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) data models with descriptions of the state of a software Unit of Portability (UoP). For demonstrations please see the Installation of SLICED in OSATE, and Example use of SLICED for Behavior Analysis videos.