The Architecture Centric Virtual Integration Process (ACVIP) is an important advance in model-based virtual integration. When utilized with embedded computing system design projects, ACVIP aims to improve system capability by:
- Reducing technical risk
- Reducing cost and schedule overruns
- Supporting conformance to industry standards & required certifications
ACVIP is included in the Future Vertical Lift Architecture Framework (FAF) for use on Army Aviation procurements. Extensively validated through Army Science and Technology (S&T) activities, ACVIP provides mechanisms that support the Army's strategy for the Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) (read paper, here).
Adventium Labs will offer the next ACVIP Modeling & Analysis Training Course in Fall 2021. Based on the ACVIP Modeling and Analysis Handbook, the course will supply participants with a working understanding of this powerful architectural model, providing hands-on experience with key modeling techniques and analysis tools. Those who complete the training will be able to more efficiently design, develop, test, and integrate complex cyber-physical systems.
Classes may be scheduled for participants from a single company or team. The minimum class size is eight. Adventium Labs reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to split larger classes into smaller cohorts.
- What: Eight live interactive virtual classes, 90 minutes each via Webex.
- Who: Program managers, system designers, and software developers.
- Participation in this course is restricted to U.S. Department of Defense employees and contractors. Verification required.
- Prerequisites: For the hands-on modeling exercises we use Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL) in the Open Source AADL Tool Environment (OSATE). We will provide links to baseline resources prior to the class.
- Cost: $1500 per student
Course Outline (Click here for a detailed syllabus)
- ACVIP Overview: Benefits of the Model
- Developing your own ACVIP Management Plan
- ACVIP Method: Structuring Models for Delivery and Virtual Integration
- ACVIP Analysis Tools: Risk, Safety and Security
- ACVIP Analysis Tools: Utilization, Timing and Behavior
- Multi-Organization Model Based Development
- Multi-Organization Model Based Integration
- Automated Analysis, Conformance & Certification